The Australian Innovation Community website is dedicated to encouraging interaction and collaboration between Australian innovators. To that end, it provides a range of technological tools and services to facilitate information sharing, positive debate and cooperative content development.
In brief, you could for example:
- Add or update your Company's details in the wiki knowledgebase
- Upload or collaborate on a submission to the Review of the National Innovation System (closing April 30)
- Join in on some of our many forum discussions around Australian Innovation
- Read or submit interesting news articles.
- Invite a colleague or friend to participate.
In more detail, the site includes the following sections:
- Our News section contains a broad range of innovation-related news and links to relevant material on the web, generated both automatically from sources around the web and from submissions by our members.
- Not only can you submit material to the Breaking News section, you can also vote on which items you think should make the front page of the site, and which should just fade away.
- This collaborative knowledgebase allows community members to create articles about any relevant subject (eg. a person, company, website, product or research paper) in a broad array of categories (which can itself be added to).
- These articles can then be edited, corrected, expanded and enhanced by other members, all using simple tools that work right on the webpage.
- Discussion Forum
- This series of threaded conversations covers subjects from the Review of the National Innovation System to the structure and features of the AussieInnovation.com website.
- In the forums, you can read what's been said by other community members, contribute to an existing discussion, or start your own.
- Link Directory
- Useful, interesting or popular websites that are added to the News will be kept in the Link Directory even after the excitement of the announcement has faded.
- Very soon we'll be adding a facility for members of the community to setup and manage their own weblogs (online discussion journals).
We're intending to keep expanding the service with additional functionality over time, so keep an eye on the front page for news of new features, and feel free to contact us if you have ideas or suggestions about the direction of AussieInnovation.com.