Department of Industry and Resources (Western Australia)
From AussieInnovation Wiki
|Department of Industry & Resources, Western Australia|
The Department of Industry and Resources (DoIR) is the Western Australian Government department responsibly for fostering Innovation.
The Department of Industry and Resources was established on 3 February 2003 under the Public Sector Management Act 1994 (WA) by the redesignation of the Department of Mineral and Petroleum Resources and the transfer of functions from the abolished Department of Industry and Technology.
How the organisation is arranged. This could possibly have information on committees, sub-chapters, membership requirements, the board of directors and so on.
Under the Innovation banner, DoIR is responsible for:
- Innovation Centre, Western Australia
- Innovation Services Directory, Western Australia (PDF)
- The Guide To Commercialisation, Western Australia (PDF)
- Premier’s Science and Innovation Council, Western Australia (PSIC)
- A range of DoIR Programs Awards and Grants, Western Australia, including:
- Centres of Excellence, Western Australia
- Inventor of the Year Award, Western Australia
- Premier’s Research Fellowship Program, Western Australia
- Premier's Science Awards, Western Australia
- Sanofi-aventis International BioGENEius Challenge of Western Australia
- Science and Innovation Studentship Award, Western Australia
- Western Australian Science Hall of Fame
- The Research centres in WA, such as:
- State of the Future Magazine
Describes the organisation’s role in innovation, and some of the things they have done on this front. It also contains the links to related pages on AussieInnovation.com.
This section is optional. It looks at an issues of interest, where the organisation has drawn criticism in a public forum. Obviously, no libel is permitted, and this should impartially report any key issues raised on the topic.
Reference details should follow the following format, where possible: AUTHOR, LINKED TITLE, PUBLISHED-IN, DATE, for example:
Anon Ymous, "An Esoteric Article", Not A Real Magazine, November 2007